11.24.2010

Gobble Gobble



Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I feel as if I've been cooking for weeks. My 22 pound turkey is brining (sea salt, agave, paprika, dried shallots, garlic, and peppercorns). Both dressings, cornbread-sausage and oyster (gross), are made. Pecan, Pumpkin, and Sweet Potato pies are made with a special friend joining the party this year... Emergency Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting (melt 1 stick butter, 1/3 cup milk, ½ cup peanut butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, & beat in 1 pound box confectioner’s sugar).
fyi...a 22-pound turkey does not fit into a 3-gallon bucket.

As you can see, I cook everything ahead of time, except for the turkey. It's the only way to do Thanksgiving. I love it. It's my favorite holiday, a time for reflection while being engrossed in my passion and preparing for another passion... eating.

We are so thankful and so blessed in our lives.



I will be sharing our adventures from our vacation to Colorado soon: golden aspen trees, high altitude towns, elk, and rhubarb-raspberry pie.

No comments: