7.11.2011

MORE TOMATOES & OTHER DELICIOUSNESS






These are my first tomatoes I've ever grown! I'm so excited. There are only 6 right now and I'm really hoping the birds, squirrels, or a really mean momma deer on our land won't eat them.















I finally received my Diana Warner necklace and I love it! She's so talented. I first was told about her work from a friend who is living in NYC.


I've done a lot of cooking this week. Thank goodness the girls unload and load the dishwasher nowadays. We just got finished cooking five meals for the week, all of us together, and we were done in under an hour! Awesome job my little sweet potatoes.

We cooked Mini BBQ Meatloaves, Chicken & Rice Casserole, Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad marinated in the sherry-Dijon marinade we used to use at Bistro 122 (thanks Chef Colmer, once again!), Beef Tacos with black beans & salsa rice, and Lemon Linguine with those delicious tomato tarts. Last night we had mini filo tartlettes with melted milk chocolate, fresh raspberries, and whipped cream.

















We had some yummy food last week too. I made Cooks Illustrated Classic Pot Roast and it was probably one of my top 20 meals ever! It was that good. If you use the link it probably won't let you see it unless you do their 14-day free trial. Do it, it's worth it! I made Mexican Mini Meatloaves with melted cheese and tortilla strips on top. These were so good that they led me to try the Mini BBQ Meat Loaves mentioned above with a square of Benton's bacon on top. When you do them in a square muffin tin or regular muffin tin, you cut the cooking time in half. I'm not sure why it's taken me this long in life to realize that.























Mini Mexican Meat Loaves
Yield: 10

1 pound all-natural ground beef, lean
4 ounces diced canned green
chilies
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
2 cups cheddar-
Monterrey cheese blend, divided in half
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup enchilada sauce
1 cup bagged
tri-color tortilla strips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a square-cup or round-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bow, mix together all the ingredients except for 1 cup of the cheese and h
tri-color tortilla strips. Divide evenly into the muffin tin, overfilling slightly. Bake for 20 minutes. Top each meatloaf with an even amount of the remaining cheese and tortilla strips. Bake for another 5 minutes.

No comments: